Ooze News - August 1996
Are You Nicktooned In?
Take our quiz to find out if you are a Nicktoons know-it-all. Circle the correct answer to each question below.
1. Which of the following best describes Chuckie?
A. Cheese lover
2. Which Rugrat is the oldest?
3. What is Tommy's last name?
4. What does Grandpa Lou like to do?
C. Eat fried Squid
5. How are Stu and Drew related?
A. They're cousins.
B. They're brothers.
C. They're married.
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
6. What is the name of the monsters' teacher?
A. The Grump
B. The Grinch
C. The Gromble
7. What happens to monsters when they eat human food?
A. They ask for seconds.
B. They break out in spots.
C. They get sick.
8. What is the monsters' textbook called?
A. Fear and Trembling
B. The Monster Manual
C. How to Serve Man
9. What one thing can hypnotize a monster?
A. An infomercial
B. A lava lamp
C. A blinking VCR clock
10. Where does Krumm keep his eyes at night?
A. In his mouth
B. In his shoes
C. In a glass of water
11. How do monsters know when class is over?
A. A Belch Monster burps.
B. Dracula appears.
C. The teacher's head falls off.
The Ren & Stimpy Show
12. Which of the following is a song on The Ren & Stimpy Show?
A. "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!"
B. "Come On, Get Happy"
C. "I'm a Little Teapot"
13. What does Ren like to say to Stimpy?
A. "To the moon, Stimpy!"
B. "You eediot!"
14. Ren and Stimpy's favorite breakfast superhero is:
A. Cap'n Crunch
B. Cruller Crusader
C. Powdered Toastman
15. And where does that superhero's strength come from?
B. Vitamin F
16. Log is:
A. Stimpy's long-lost brother
B. Ren's only child
C. A toy
Rocko’s Modern Life
17. When Rocko is upset, what does he do?
A. He sneezes.
B. He bites his fingernails.
C. He goes shopping.
18. Where does Ed Bighead work?
A. Littlehead Industries
C. Cranium Inc.
19. What does Slippy the Slug leave behind him wherever he goes?
A. Jell-O molds
B. A slimy trail
C. Bread crumbs
20. What is Really Really Big Man's superpower?
A. His chest can see into the future.
B. He can crack his knuckles.
C. He can turn homework into pizza.
21. What kind of animal are Chuck and Leon?
22. Doug's dog is named:
B. Chop Suey
23. What is Doug's favorite pizza topping?
24. What does Skeeter want to be when he gets older?
A. A Ping-Pong player
B. An astronaut
C. An adult
25. What is Patti Mayonnaise's favorite sport?
26. Who is Derek Derekson?
A. The World's Greatest Shakespearean Figure Skater
B. The World's Smallest Man
C. A talk-show host
27. Where does Doug live?
Where you ask the president of Nickelodeon, Herb Scannell, anything you want.
Do you have a nickname?
Not really. Some people call me Herbie. When I was a kid, I had a couple of nicknames. For about a month, my brother teased me and called me Egbert, after a character in a W.C. Fields movie.
What were you like as a kid?
I was tall and skinny, and I tried lot of different things to put on weight. I used to have a powdered breakfast drink with every meal. I also kept a checklist on the refrigerator to record all the food I ate. But I never succeeded in gaining weight.
What sports do you play?
I play touch football, baseball, and basketball. I like baseball and basketball the best. And in high school, I played lacrosse.
Do you have any questions for Herb? He'll answer some in a future issue. Send them to:
1515 Broadway, 41st Floor
New York, NY 10036
How much do you know about SNICK? Find out with this puzzle. First, answer each question by filling in the blanks below. Then find the correct answers hidden in the word search. Hint: Words read up, down, across, diagonally, and backward. Punctuation isn't included.
1. What piece of living room furniture is featured on SNICK? _ O _ _ _
2. What is the first name of the actress who plays Alex Mack? L _ _ _ _ _
3. Who is the head of Paradise Valley Chemical Plant? M _. _ _ _ _ _
4. Who is Alex Mack's sister? _ N _ _ _
5. What group sings All That's theme song? _ L _
6. What is the first name of the actress who plays both Roseanne and Ross Perot on All That? _ _ T _ _ _ _
7. Which All That character has many strange habits? _ _ _ B _ _
8. The club the kids belong to on Are You Afraid of the Dark? is the Midnight _ _ _ _ _ _ Y
9. What is the name of the android on Space Cases? T _ _ _ _ _
10. What is the name of the Space Cases' ship? _ _ _ _ _ T _
SNICK airs every Saturday night from 8-10pm
What's New on Nick
Brand-new episodes of The Secret World of Alex Mack begin at the end of August during SNICK. But don't get too comfy watching Alex Mack on Saturdays. Starting October 8th, the show will move to Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's because Nickelodeon gets to stay up an extra half hour - until 8:30pm - every weeknight. Watch Hey Arnold (below), a new Nicktoon about a nine-year-old boy growing up in a big city, on Mondays and Wednesdays. And on Fridays, check out KaBLaM, where comics and cartoons collide.
All times are for eastern and Pacific time zones. Shows air one hour earlier in the central time zone. Shows subject to change. Check your local listings for details.